So, what's good about this game?
Unlike Master Duel, PTCGL gives you an almost ready-to-go deck that only requires you to alter some cards to make the engine rolling. Plus, the crafting system is great, giving you access to all the available card with one currency that also lets you craft whatever kind of rarity the card offers.
Also, unlike Master Duel, you can build and test decks vs. AI even if you don't own any of the cards. How cool is that? You can try whatever things that work for you before fully committing on crafting them.
and.... what's bad about the game? everything else
- the presentation is too boring that it felt lifeless
- it feels like a sterile card game, Master Duel made every single action impactful, but PTCGL made me feel like I'm playing actual card game with added boring effect
- swipe trainer card to the center to activate its effect instead of letting you press and confirm
- the player avatar is....... atrocious. Look at Pokemon Unite, it has the style reminiscent to mainline game. Heck, even Pokemon GO character looks way better than whatever mess this offers
- the BGM and SFX? absolutely boring and lifeless, heck, you can barely hear it as it's too muted even with the volume adjusted
- Interface is even worse on PC as there are many empty areas
Should you play now? No, just wait until it's globally released so you don't have to go through all the hassle of running VPN only to be disappointed by the product itself. Don't get me wrong, for a faithful Pokemon TCG, it plays great, but if you do care about overall presentation then you'll be disappointed like many did when transitioning from TCG Online.