Last 2 years summary: (TL;dr: More freebies for starters, more challenge for veterans, most restriction are lifted and it's easier to enjoy this game casually now.)We got more endgame content, character rework and customization(through accessories), extra lv uncap(nothing too broken), meta didn't jumped as much as 2~3rd year but more focused on variations and flavor, story keeps getting stronger (and...more gritty, not always a good thing), more useful continue system when you just want to read the story.
Also new players starting now might get overwhelmed by amount of the contents but also get more access to free character through permanent events and constant stamina/skip tickets giveaway.
Now for the actual review:
- It's RPG/Card game hybrid. You and opponent will take turn picking a 'photon' which allows you to attack, use skill, or charge energy based on photon type and character's attribute corresponding to it. Those without card game background will have a higher learning curve but it's not that complicated
- Raising characters is challenging when you still have a lot to unlock but that gets faster as your base team gets stronger
- Story is about A boy met his companion then his village burned down and he set for revenge then things get bigger and more complicated. It feels pretty much like 90s shounen where characters aren't always brooding and very straightforward but something underground happens every once in awhile. I mean We got a burned, dismembered, rotten living human for 2021 new year event...but also muscle festival in 2021 September complete with a song (Search "筋肉Fire!")...I can't summarize it. Writing in this game is just too wild.
- It gets more wild if you're following thier activities on Twitter...Fun stuff though
- Music is remarkable. The composer (Yorisaki Ryo) and sound team really works hard on putting some new tracks monthly. Nice vocal tracks can be found too. They're available for listening on their gallery site here (https://lavita.megido72.com/)
- Characters are the main charm of this game. All playable units has two forms, human-like vita and demon-like megido. If you're sucker for duality or "gap-moe" this game is probably your thing.
- Some character are easy to handle than other, somes outright powerful (among both free and gacha). But it's the better and more fun to have varied characters
- Aside from gacha, you consistently get a new recruit from event so you can enjoy having more characters as you play the game (motion team put just as much on freebies as gacha ones)
- Game quality is weird. In one hand you get a nicely rendered 3D character (focused on characterization and realism while still being 'anime' enough), some motions are stunning and fun to watch. In the other hand UI is not the easiest to navigate and you can mistapped a lot. Thanksfully this get improved gradually since the game launch so we can trust the dev to make thing better
- Gacha rate is 5% for characters for standard pickup banner and 10% for "Sabbath" (used to be a monthly stuff but not always the case now). Pickup rate is not that good but it's game where most if not all units are useful (ymmvh)
- Aside from character rate, Sabbath also feature 'Terminus'(aka. Limited character). They don't present in standard pickup unless the banner said so
- There's Matsuri summon with more focused pickup rate. It's "die for your fave" kind of banner.
- There's a spark where you can choose any pickup units (and any terminus if it's sabbath). Ceiling is quite high and not quite an ideal to aim for.
- I don't know what to write from this point le'ts just say my Icon is a character called Lilim. She's available on permanent event so go get her. Thank you very much.