Who I'm Following
Best touhou bullethell for mobile out there with all the original gamestyle, spellcards and songs for most of the bosses(unseen bosses will be added in near future) you can find in the official touhou game.
- support 60 fps without needing a high specs devices
- offers customization for the title screen and BGMs
- has built in global ranking system without having to login/signup Googleplay
- also has individual spellcards ranking system
- always has new update weekly for new bosses/stages or improving the in-game system.
- Need watch ads to gain points to unlock stage (although this is the only one way for the dev to earn what they worked hard for, so please support them by just watching the ads. Alright? They didn't ask you spend your money to play their game!)
- Too few shotypes for playable characters. (Although there's currently 3 playable characters which are Reimu, Marisa and Sanae only. More playable character could be hoped for future.)
For gameplay mechanics:
Since the game uses one-life mechanism gameplay, it's definitely very difficult to play on a mobile device. Especially for lunatic stages which some of it is absurdly difficult/likely impossible to clear due to the phone's structure, where you can't rotate fast enough around the screen and eventually lost. However, even with this one-life mechanism, easy and normal stage is still great for beginners and have the all stages balanced well enough for players to clear it.
If you're finding a good bullethell game on mobile that you can play for 5 or 10 mins during for free time or even wants to challenge players around the world to beat the hardest spell/stage, this is definitely the best you can get here.
In summary, recommend to play easy/normal if just for killing your free time, and hard mode for bullethell experienced players which willing to spend some time to clear the harder ones, and lunatics for world record scorerunners.
It's great. Compared to Thousand Nights Anamnesis:
There's less characters and only 1 shot type to choose from.
The spell cards are ported from the original game whereas TNA created their own.
There is a story, although with only 1 stage, and is mainly meant as a spellcard practice whereas TNA is mainly meant as boss rush while having a spellcard practice.
And Madouroku has some degree of customization, where you can change your homescreen character, BGM, background and your name and avatar for the online leaderboard.
Very entertaining and even though it's not fully translated yet, it's nothing too major and you can more or less fill in the blanks if you have some knowledge about Touhou.