It's supposed to be a "Producing game" but there's nothing about it. The rhythm aspect is awful, baby-tier mode with only 1 note and you can even pass it without playing it.
Lack of voiced content in stories and cards is evident compared to the other imas games, which makes me think they don't even have money to pay voice actors, pretty sad.
Graphics are ugly and thats the only saving grace of this game, there's costumes for the idols but you need to roll the exact same card 3 times to get a costume.
Most events cards are boring and bland. It's not very friendly with F2P players, barely gives jewels to roll and only cares about whales.
Not even sidem fans like this so If you want to play a good imas game, try starlight stage, theater days, shiny colors or the console games.
But I have never deleted an app so quick. This game is so unappealing I didn't even wanna bother keeping it just to pass time.
Now I'm too disappointed to play it again, I just finished my main event with Ryu SR and this happened afterwards T_T
Don't believe any gacha games those aren't connected with email anymore. Damn.
Let's talk about gameplay? You could call gameplay to let song reproduce and clear it even if you don't play it? What a shame!
This game need urgent version 2.0. I don't think SideM can get new players with this boring game, if this game haven't shut down is all thanks to the devoted fanbase from SideMoba.
And the graphics and MV are VERY basic to be an Im@s product.
What really bothers me is the rhythm part of the game. A one button rhythm game gets boring fast and lacks variety between songs. I understand it was like this to differentiate from the other IM@S games and to be easier to pick up for non-rythmn players, but at some point those players will also get bored. I personally feel like a better idea would have been making one button easy, a two button normal, a four button hard, and a six button expert to differentiate itself as a game and appeal to newcomers to rhythm games.
The events, like other parts of the game, are repetative. It is always the same type of event. There is no score match, there is no token event, just plain collecting points. I feel like it doesn't make events feel special.
What I do love about the game are the cards, outfits, and story. The models are a bit iffy but I don't mind it. The Performance feature is REALLY fun to play around with and the outfits are pretty decent. I love SideM's characters and songs so I have a lot of fun in MV mode. The amount of gems you need for gacha seems higher compared to other games but maybe that's just my imagination.
I'm sure a lot of people know, but Bandai seems to not care for SideM:LOS as much as the other branches games. Yes they update with events and gacha, but everything seems... still. I've played this game on and off with MONTHS of break in between and its the same everytime I come back. No UI changes, no new mechanic. Just the same game, with the same event format, and the same one button. I want SideM to have the best, but this is not what it deserves.
i like it but would't recommend
the graphics althought aren't the best it's amazing to be able to have 3D models while playing , the only thing I dislike very much is the lack of prizes st the lives gameplay... it should be like deresute and give you prizes like mjewels etc 'cause why to play the lives if it's just give you low important things...
the things I would change from it to be better are:
-get rid of the copies cards for the specislclothes thing
-change the songs gameplay to more buttons indtead of one
-add prizes to the lives
- The sound are definitely good. Even the BGMs are good. The balance between sound effect, BGM, and actors' voice are fine. However, some actor's voice during live stage are too small while some of them are too loud.
- The game play is fine. It is quite simple and easy to understand but it's not very challenge to expert players. The biggest problem is how high is your level does not make you stronger. The max stamina and live point won't increased. The event game play is the mass production that you will never win the paid players.
- The story is fine, but it may too short. Some of unit has 10 chapters while most of them has only 5 chapters. At lease they should be equal. The side story are too short.
- Paid players and free players have drastically difference. The paid players can compete the event ranking with much less effort by buying the event gasha. Will I pay? Paid already :(
- If you are free player, you may have hard time when you played it for a while. The gems for buying the gasha is rare and take time to collect. You cannot buy every event gasha once by only collect the free gems.
- The gasha rate is reasonable but it too expensive.
- The software quality is very good. There is a few defects found (by me) since the game was released. the defects have been fixed continuously. That is very good supporting.
- I haven't tried game support service.
- The overall is fine. The game is not very bad but it is not very good. I would suggest that the developers should improve some of the game rules to balance the game play and keeps the old players.