So basically this is a story of a buffed man, a child and a robot whose mission is to....what? Wrong series? Isn't this Time Sq-oh, Time Defenders. And they uuh defend time? How? ...They have Paw Patrols? Oh Time Patrols...Huh... we'll uh get back to the story later.
Anyways and as always let's just jump to the pros and cons I've gathered so far from playing it.
- Amazing graphics and character designs. Essentially an upgraded version of Arknights
- Fully voiced story, with dialogue skip, looking at you Genshin, even Honkai thinks (jokes) you should add skip function
- Combat environment is amazing
- Story telling is mure fluid than King's Raid
- Combat is essentially like Arknights, strikers/assault has a unique command that let's them charge ahead at opponents (like Kingdom Rush's melee units)
- Combat also has a unique system, that is, the "defense gate" has life bar. So it won't immediately lose points when enemy passes, rather enemy must attack first,. chipping away the HP.
- The story... oh dear the story..... it's my personal opinion but, I'm just so so tired of this trope. MC is a genius, can fight but can't do a thing when enemy boss attacks, he didn't even try to...you know what, I'll let you see it for yourself. The Paw Patrols, I mean, Time Patrols are cool though (yes the cops, not the ones with powers). It's just, King's Raid story is much much better then this. This one, like Arknights, isn't really all that good. I know I'll be "attacked" by saying this, but I still think Arknights story isn't actually that good. If it's story you want, try the likes of Counterside, Honkai, Epic Seven, King's Raid, Blue Archive and Priconne. No I don't recommend Genshin for story...
- The story telling, while more fluid than King's Raid, is still stiff. It's not as smooth as Genshin nor Lord of Heroes or Exos Heroes.
- Response time is still a bit slow. Like Pokemon Masters EX, each button press takes around 0.5-1 second to process. Not in combat though. This particular points leads us to...
- This would've been a fine game to have if not for this FATAL MISTAKE. The growth system design. Like Honkai, it locks your character levels behind your account level. Meaning you have to upgrade your characters everytime you level up. Not just characters, but also skill levels (also locked behind account level). Why is this Extreme Cons? Games like Priconne and Honkai still works with this system because you only need 3 (for Honkai) or 5 (priconned) characters to focus on. So it's not a big hassle. This game though, good luck upgrading 10 characters, or even more. Combined with the slow response time (not as snappy as E7), it's a major hassle.
Overall, it's a good side game, or main game if you want to invest more. Now, I know some people will say don't spend money due to Vespa's current situation, but honestly it's up to you. If you want to support them, go ahead and spend some money, the starter pack is a good investment.
That said, for myself....I don't think I'll play this for long. Even though I got Beatrice, the first chaos character in the game, the story is just not appealing enough. And I mainly play mobile games for the story. Also, just like Arknights, this is not for fans of TD games. Kingdom Rush and even Field Runners will entertain you more than this.
This game is for fans of anime art style game, and fans of live2ds. Because the character designs are amazing. When was the last time you see a football player in gacha? What, Madden? Noo, that's not gacha, that's a "surprise mechanic". So never right?? ...Oh right, Gate Six.....anyway, give it a try, you may or may not like it. Thanks a lot for reading~
I literally have no sense of attachment/interest to any of the characters....Non of them appeal to me like Iroha Tamaki, THE Administrator, Ras Eclare, Aldo, Flame Chasers, Shiroko and Urias....